Help! I need advise for my IVF procedure.

I am so confused on what to do. I have battled getting off of Elavil a Category D drug that I have been on for 12 years. Now it is down to the wire and my fertility meds will be shipped tomorrow. The birth control pills that they are having me take so I don't get cysts is giving me total insomnia. I am sleeping only 2 hours per night and feel like I can't keep going on this way. I have to also work which is killing me on two hours sleep. I did just email the doctor, the last day of the birth control pills are this Saturday and injections start on Tuesday. My body just feels so run down from lack of sleep I am not sure I can continue on with the injection process. I am so close but yet so far. I don't feel like I can go another month with no sleep. I just feel like I can't go on but if I don't continue I will never have this chance again of possibly getting pregnant. What do I do?

cedinoc

Asked by cedinoc at 10:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your doctor, they will help you weigh your options of either findng another drug that can help you or going back on it. Have you tried accupuncture? That helped me a lot when I did IVF ages ago and it can also help with anxiety and sleep issues. Good Luck!
    MaMiLee

Answer by MaMiLee at 11:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010