Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To induce or not to induce that is the question.....

I have been asked the last 2 Mondays if I was ready to induce. This is my 4th and I go VERY fast when I go. (All the women in my family do) I have lost my mucus plug and had contractions off and on for the last 2 days. I was at 2cm on Monday. I am a SAHM to a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old. I have no one to stay with me while dh works and he cannot stay out of work if I am not doing anything. What would you do?

Answer Question
 
treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 20 (9,618 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Unless there was a medical reason to induce, I wouldn't do it.
    andrea96

    Answer by andrea96 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • I would have induced when My hubby could take off and someone could watch the kids.
    dancer

    Answer by dancer at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • If it would be easier for you to plan for your family I would go with the induction. I was induced with my last child..it was the longest labor of them all though lol.
    PerfectLove910

    Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • Andrea that is my usual position but I am terrified at this point that my dh is going to be an hr away and I won't have anybody to help me when I go into labor.
    treynlisa

    Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • I don't think I would again, the contractions were rough and the Dr. said they are a little worse when you are induced. I had to because my water broke at 3am and bt 7am I still did not have any contractions. On the other hand if I could plan my family being there and not sure if they would be the other way then yes, I would do it again! GL
    ktinaza

    Answer by ktinaza at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • I would do all in my power to let it happen naturally. Are you sure you can't ask neighbors to help out when the time comes? Friends and neighbors are usually very willing to help out in situations like this, don't be afraid to ask others to be there for you.
    MaMiLee

    Answer by MaMiLee at 11:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • If there was not a serious medical need to do so, I would not. Are you past your EDD?
    Krysta622

    Answer by Krysta622 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • My due date is Oct 30 but I was measuring 40 weeks on Monday.
    treynlisa

    Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • I would wait until you go naturally. There are too many complications that can occur when you induce. Better safe than sorry.
    HotMama330

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

  • I would not induce unless there was a medical reason to do so. There are risks, and it most women find it a lot more painful.

    I got pitocin with my 2nd and it was much much more painful than my 3 natural labors and I would never go through that again unless it was truly medically necessary.
    riotgrrl

    Answer by riotgrrl at 12:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.