Is it rude to decline a "friends" invitation on cafemom?

I received an invitation to be someone's friend on cafemom, but I don't really know why she wants to be my friend. We have nothing in common at all! Some of groups she belongs to are ones I'd never join. I don't want to be rude so the invitation just sits there in my inbox. Should I just decline?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Sure, why not? I usually dont add random people either. Just decline it. Probably just one of those "friend"-collectors. ;)
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's rude to decline friend invites. What I do most of the time is to accept friend invites, send a message thanking for the invite and mention how I look forward getting to know them, if they reply I know they really are interested in getting to know me. However, sometimes I do just decline, as in such cases as you've outlined where from everything you can see you have nothing in common with this woman.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I decline them. Or ask them why me? But in your situation where u can't see a reason for an invite then just decline
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2008