Help with the burrito!

I bought a pkg of burritos and my hubby thinks they are bland. He doesnt like very spicy food but Iwould like to dress these up and get them out of my freezer. Any ideas? Iwas thinking I could bake them and then put a jar of cheese queso on them, sprinkle with green onions and heat until the cheese is hot. I dont know how spicy enchilada sauce is but maybe I could use it instead? Any ideas would be appreciated.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The cheese sounds good. You could use some paprika, guacamole, maybe just a dash of hot sauce, lime juice... Hmmm, there are so many things!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Crumble 1 lb of ground beef and cook til done; drain. Place thawed burritos seam side down in a baking dish so there are no overlapping burritos. Mix 1 can of red enchilada sauce with the ground beef, and pour evenly over burritos making sure every bit of tortilla is covered. Top with as much monterey jack cheese as you like (I usually use about 6 oz). If desired, sprinkle sliced black olives on top and bake at 350 degrees til bubbly.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The red enchilada sause would be good...thats how I would have it...although the green one is not as spicy if DH dosnt like things hot. But because spice is kinda out then the queso would be good as well.....sounds yummy...i know what im having for dinner tonight lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Use the enchilada sauce and the cheese!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, use enchilada sauce-cover the bottom and top...

Then 5 minutes before you take them out add lots of cheese the mixed blend that is already shredded.

When they are completely done, put a scoop of sour cream!!!!!

I love them, ummm ummm good. I usually serve with salad, or rice... I can taste them now. Quick, easy and delicious... ;)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Enchilada sauce is usually by the taco stuff... Yellow can... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Enchilada sauce is good, and not really that spicy. I would cook them in that topped with cheese.
    Or you could cover them with chili and serve them with melted cheese on top.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thank you for all the responses! I usually just nuke one in the microwave and put taco sauce on it. I am going to have to try to turn them into a dinner!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010