Starting to realize, like me or not I am still moving on, What about You?

I am so tired of trying to be nice, I need to be firm.

My kids are acting crazier then ever, and I need to put a hold on it. They started too get in line, but then with my neighbors children when they are all together it is like a tornado. I mean it... Not saying it is her kids alone, it is both our kids. So time to reign it in...

My kids are not allowed to have anyone over until they get back in shape, respect, stop screaming, and stuff. I like the kids and the mom. I just hate worring if they would get offended. The whole situation is disrupting my household. OMG-any suggestions on how to tell the mom, I think we might remain friends, I like her... :)

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just be honest with her, I am sure the same goes on at her house...

Answer by older at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• maybe you can swap..have one of her kids over, and one of yours over there. that way not all of them are at one place at the same time. or, until the weather gets nasty/cold, make them go outside to play. make certain places in the home off-limits to kids. you just gotta be firm.
    talk to her and see what the two of you can work out. other than that, they're only having fun and enjoying each other. at least you know where they all are.....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just be honest with her. I did something similar awhile ago. I just told the mom that my kids need to learn how to behave and use their manners before they can play again. She was totally cool with it. I actually made it sound more like it's just us, and nothing their kids did.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just be honest with her and let her know that you feel like your kids need some correcting. She might get the hint and correct her kids too. I feel the same way, I am dealing with the same thing with my kids. He is fine at home but when he gets around other kids or adults he is rude to me and hits, etc.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 11:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2010