Not knowing the gender

Has anyone ever gone the whole pregnancy without knowing the gender of the baby untill he/she was born? What did you buy before the baby was born? Was it hard after the baby was born to buy everything you need for the baby, like blue/pink stuff.

I want to go the whole pregnancy of my next baby whenever we decide to have a baby, but I want to go without knowing the babys sex till I have him/her, But Ill probally buy white onesies and have a carseat picked out before i have the baby.

tayysmommy

Asked by tayysmommy at 10:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found out but didn't tell anyone other than my immediate family because I didn't want pink frilly crap that I would never use. There's plenty of great gender neutral stuff out there suitable for all babies.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We did that with our 3rd baby. We already had 1 of each so we waiting the looooong 9 months!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, My first child.

No I stuck with neautral colors. Clothes trust me you don't need much because they grow so quick, suggest gift cards to local, reseasonable clothing stores. I had so many baby items with tags that my children never used.

It is the most wonderful experience in the world. I was pleasantly surprised when they said its a girl. There is no other feeling like it, you will be so happy not knowing, trust me you will never forget that day...

Congratulations, and good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We did with our first daughter. We bought all things yellow or green until she was born. Her room was101 Dalmations (she was born in '93 lol). It was very exciting not knowing the sex of our baby but it was difficult in terms of decorating her room. With our last two we wanted to know as I wanted to decorate their room and plan ahead according to their sex, both girls btw:) lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Buy green or yellow or white one piece pajamas.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You can get cute yellow and green outfits...thats what I got before I found out what I was having. Good luck and hope all goes well durring your pregnancy.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• With my first 2 children I did not find out. I was so excited to find out when the baby was born and I did not think it was hard at all. I bought lots of green and yellow and when I did the baby room I knew I was not going to do blue/pink either way. I did bright yellow on the top and letter wall paper on the botton.

With my 3rd child I tried to find out because I already had 2 boys. They could not tell me what she was going to be at the ultrasound because of her positioning, so altough I wanted to know I could not find out.

I think it is wonderful to be surprised.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• One of my friends was pregnant and they couldn't get a good ultrasound shot to see if the baby was a boy or girl, and my aunt was on her 4th and last child and didn't want to know. Both of them had (suprise) girls. It was VERY easy for my aunt, because she had two older girls, and an older boy, so she would have been good to go with whichever. My girlfriend bought gender neutral clothing (not much) and a little bit of gender neutral everything else. After the baby was born she went on a shopping spree! :-)

Part of me REALLY wants to wait with my next, really for the simple reason of daddy being able to go to the waiting room and say, "Its a boy/girl!" BUTTTT I reallly don't think I can go 9 months without knowning. LOL Maybe I'll find out, but we'll keep a secret from everyone else. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I did, three times! The first time I did want to find out but couldn't... after that we enjoyed the surprise so much that we chose not to find out the next two times! We basically just bought neutral sleepers to start and decorated the nursery in neutral colours (which I thought made sense anyhow, since we wouldn't have to do it all again if the next baby was the opposite gender.) I had lots of fun going and buying gender-specific clothing once the kids were born... and it worked out well that the newborn sleepers were all neutral since we had a boy first and then two girls so the sleepers worked well for all three kids and we never had to repurchase newborn items. I loved the surprise... if we ever had another I would do it the same way again!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Our baby would not cooperate with the 2nd trimester ultrasound, so we didn't know the gender until 36 weeks when we had to go back for another ultrasound. We just bought all the big stuff and the newborn clothes in gender neutral colors, mostly earth tones. We just didn't really do the pink or blue thing.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2010