What is it,Sinus or Allergies?

My brother has Sinus so I assume I have too but I'm very slightly allergic to wheat,eggs,milk,peanuts,I can't stand them,meaning,I know my body doesn't like them but I can still eat them with no problems.So, today the weather is dry with winds and my sniffles and mucus I always have in my throat just went away this morning because the air is dry.It's great my sniffles are temporarily gone ,just wondering if it's Sinus or allergies and why does my 'colds' change with the weather?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have the same problem with allergies and sinuses. I have had a sinus headache for two days!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Everyone has sinuses - they are the holes inside the bones of the front parts of your skulls, lined with mucus membranes that will hurt if the membranes swell and don't let mucus drain from them. Once in a while, the plugged sinuses can become infected (sinusitis).

Allergies indicate that your body has an over-exaggerated immune response to a particular type of protein. This can manifest through either a swelling of tissue(s) or an increase in the production of mucus.

Your symptoms sound to me like you might have a mild allergy to mold. Not liking the flavor of certain foods isn't an allergic reaction.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2010