have you ever sucessfully lost weigth and kept it off?

Tell us how if you have!

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 30 pounds when I had a tapeworm. I wouldn't recommend it. :)
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 9:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes- I lost 45 lbs after I had my first baby, got down to the same weight again after my next two babies, and have maintained it for about three years now. I had really good success with Weight Watchers... I'm now a lifetime member on the maintenance program. I just count my points (I'm so used to it now that it never even occurs to me not to!) and I jog every second day (about five kilometers- but that's more for fitness than for weight maintenance.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I workout regularly. I lost 20 lbs and keep it off.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes. Mantain an exercise routine (walking). Never over indulge in anything you eat.
    Num1GIGI

Answer by Num1GIGI at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The truth is once you stop working out, the weight will come back
    needhearts

Answer by needhearts at 11:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes. I changed my entire eating habits. and started exercising a lot. My weight has flucuated a little since then because I had a baby in the middle, but for the most part I have been able to keep most of it off.

A couple of the thing I made changes with are

1. I do not drink soda at all anymore
    2. Whole Grains
    3. I drink a lot of water during the day, I noticed that when I don't I feel much hungier.
    4. I don't eat out very much. I make my own meals which cuts down on a lot of the bad tasty stuff.
    5.Exercise is a priority even if it's light, it's still exercise.

And the thing that made me lose weight fast was cutting my calories down and eating low carb foods ( I do not suggest cutting carbs out completely because that's not healthy)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yep i did ,
    be serious on exercising and controling food ;) good luck
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was about 195 at induction. At first, I took it slow, when you are prego you eat aLOT and therefore your stomach expands, so you can't go from a 2000-2500 cal diet to a 1000-1500 cal diet in one day, esp if you are nursing (see you doc or nutritionist, I only nursed for 4 weeks). You need to cut back slowly , in the 1st month, cut back one thing a day or replace it with a fruit or veggie, then after my stomach shrank a little, I got into the Slimfast diet. It says 3 snacks (100 cal, a good tasting fruit is avg 150-200), 2 shakes or meal bars (190-200 each) and then a "sensible 500 cal" meal. I don't follow it exactly, I try not to need the snacks, but if so only one per day, I drink the shake in AM and noon, and then I know my dinners are more than 500 cal, but add the cals you intake, 10 #s per 100 cal and you will make your goal with some exercise and determination. (if you want to weigh 130, eat only 1300 cals/day)
    45caliber

Answer by 45caliber at 12:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I started taking Juice Plus. Lost 11 pounds the first month taking the capsules and using the smoothie mix for breakfast and snacks.
    I've lost an additional 19 lbs and kept it off. I actually love my resutls so much I decided to become a rep with the company. www.welovejuiceplus.com Contact me if you would like more info, I'd be happy to help.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• With a combination of diet and exercise. Just changing the way I cook and eat, and workout for a minimum of 30 minutes a minimum of 4 days a week. I drink at least 30 oz a day of water and cranberry juice .. and if you aren't a water drinker, you can flavor it with lemon or a little juice (like cranberry or apple). I use canola or olive oil when cooking, and rarely fry anything. Most of our meat is baked or grilled. Lots of veggies w/ meals and as snacks.

I have a meal replacement drink atleast 5 times a week. I use Shakeology. And my workouts are a variety of kickboxing, aerobics and cardio, so I get a good mix, but use different videos so I don't get bored. My favs are Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, and Brazil Butt Lift.

I don't DIET, because diets are temporary and once you stop dieting the weight comes back .. just make healthy lifestyle changes, and try to help others do the same. I've lost about 25 lbs.

Good luck !
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 6:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010