Have you had a hysterectomy and if so why was your reason and how was your experience, before, during, and after?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• I had mine done August 2003 after spending month after month housebound for 4-5 days because of pain and flow. My Gyn, husband and I discussed many different options to help with my flow and pain. But after 3 months of testing and reading and talking I decided on a Partial Hysterectomy (I still have my Ovaries) and everyone supported my decision. Afterwards my Gyn told me that I had Adenomyosis and that because of that I could never get pregnant again and the partial hysterectomy was my only cure. I did not have any complications afterward and healed up pretty fast. I have very minor to no irritability each month but no cramps and no flow, worked out perfect for me and my husband.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I want one so bad. I keep getting surgery after surgery, pills, and the pain connected with my issues. I have no insurance now and I suffer from PCOS and I'm in pain pretty much every day. If they would just remove the whole problem it would just stop.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had my uterus and cervix removed in 2001 because I had fibroids.  My experience before was sheer misery.  I was slowly bleeding to death and severely anemic.  My surgery went well and I was discharged from the hospital in 3 days instead of the usual 5.  I followed my doctors recovery instructions to the letter and never looked back.  I'm going through menopause now but other than that I feel good.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• to Emerald53197: I have confirmed endometriosis and I suspect that I have adenomyosis as well, I have all the symptoms. Is a hysterectomy the only way to help? I have horrible pain before, during,and after my cyle and extremely horrible when I have sex, to the point that I'm in tears the whole time. I'm only 21. I have 3 children and I am done, I got my tubes tied, but I dont like the whole losing sex drive and problems with weight and menopause.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010