so if one divorces in a christian marriage after an infedility are they allowed to remarry?

- not that i have even started looking for some one, after that i don't even want to trust in any man, but i don't know what tomorrow holds.

LAtinaBELLA

Asked by LAtinaBELLA at 12:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here read these

Matt. 19:3-9
    Mark 10:10-12
    Luke 16:18
    Anonymous

• my mother did and she's a christian.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• God wants you to be happy. Be fruitful and multiply. Why would god say that because you got divorced because your husband broke his sacred vows you are not allowed to be happy and find a man that will honor you?

now there are scriptures in Dueterononmy that tell you that you can't get divorced, remarry, get divorced again and remarry husband #1.

here's an article on it http://www.divorcehope.com/canchristiansremarryafterdivorce.htm

Anonymous

• Yes you can. The bible says the only reason allowable for divorce is infedelity. You can remarry.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yes...but I would make sure this is a believer too. "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers for what fellowship can light have with Darkness". Also do not date until God heals your pain from the ex. read "Healing is a Choice" book. And do not date anyone you would not marrying...Don't waste your time.

When you do think you found someone, introduce him to your sisters at church and see what they think and also this book is good. Hubby and I used it "101 questions to ask before you get engaged" book

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. Before I would ask others to answer Gods question I would seek the bible for wisdom. God chose us by grace not love and he is faithful to show you the way. Don't let others direct you down a path that God has already set out for you. Remeber God is all widom other wise if we are why did Christ have to die for us. God is love but before that He is righteous and just. I would challange you to start reading your bible everyday and ask God for wisdom. Your sister in Christ
    mommyenglish

Answer by mommyenglish at 1:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• That divorcehope article doesn't even make sense. They try to get all technical with the true meaning of the Greek text to prove that the Bible says what they want it to say to make themselves feel better. ThepProblem is they prove themselves wrong (or completely illiterate) in the process. How could a man "seperate" (they insist this word does not mean legal divorce) from his wife then marry another? How can you marry someone else if you are only seperated? Marraige exists to make you holy, not to make you happy. Happiness and love are choices, not feelings. If people realized this the divorce rate would plummet. In the US we consider our own happiness before anything else. Most people in the world are happy just to survive another day. You are obligated to try & reconcile with your husband before you marry another. If he will not reconcile, you are free.
    Anonymous

• happiness is not a feeling??? love is not a feeling???
    Anonymous

• Answered at 12:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 by: JCRestoredme

Yes...but I would make sure this is a believer too. "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers for what fellowship can light have with Darkness". Also do not date until God heals your pain from the ex. read "Healing is a Choice" book. And do not date anyone you would not marrying...Don't waste your time.

I find your answer very offensive, because I married someone outside of my religion. Religion DOES NOT dictate love for another human being! We get along just fine. I feel its people like you that will keep humanity from moving forward!
    Anonymous