scrapbooking

Any one likes to scrapbook I need help. I have 3 girls ages 9,7, and5 and would love to scrapbook but never have and look at their ages. I need help with any organized tips, how to start, what I really need. I do have some supplies I have been storing up. Any advice and even where to look. I do have a couple of scrapbooking mags. Are there any good ones to let me know about. Any help would be great.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 11:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have done some scapbooks in my time. I went to the store where they sell wall paper. ask them for one of their sample books that they use for wall paper. They gave me one of their old ones that they was going to throw away. Then you cover the front with white poster paper. you and the decorate it with anything you like. I drew a picture on mine and let the kids color it. Then put clear contact paper on it. inside put pictures, paper they did in school, sticker and pictures of family and friends. I hoped this helped
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If your you area has any scrapbooking stores or any craft stores they will offer "Mommy and Me" classes or individual classes for you. They have beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes, typically.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You just have to jump in. When I look back my first pages were pretty bad. I like the ones I do now and buy things as I find I need them.
    You need a few punches, ribbon, buttons, and templates. Have fun!
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I t sounds like you may have a lot of photos or at least a lot of years that you want to scrap for your girls.
    Start first by organizing your photos into chronological order or some other order depending on how you think you may want to put them into a book. Do you want one book or different books for each girl. You may be able to do one book and then have it scanned and reprinted - a copy for each.

You may want to purchase a scrapbook and slide the photos and other memorbelia into the page protectors of the book temporarily while you make up your mind how to do this. Plan for about 3 photos per page.

I have a 10 Step Quick Start Guide for beginners that I have posted on my website and here is the link for that. Don't get discouraged. Take the project and divide into little pieces.

Here's the link http://www.scrapbook-advice.com/scrapbooking-for-beginners.html

Lynne
    Diana2050

Answer by Diana2050 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2010