Are you ever surprised at how FEW people actually support causes?

I am planning to walk in the Susan Komen walk next year and have been trying to build a team. I have messaged TONS of people, have put up flyers and have talked to people.

I have had maybe 6 people actually exhibit an interest.

No-one has said anything such as "Good luck", offerred to donate, volunteer to help in any way, wanted to join the team (other than the 6), etc.

It just amazes me! I truly thought more people would be on board. If not to do the walk, at least to offer support or donations.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much of people?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely! I'm trying to educated and get people interested in preschool bullies! I even have something posted on my website and not one comment! I find it amazing that more people just don't care to get to the beginning of this problem and help young children who are both bullied and are bullies!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think that people are still supporting what they have always supported, but with the economy so bad they don't have room for "extras." Or people could just hate the 3-day walk, who knows.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't think you should assume that other people have the same interests as you do, nor should you assume that they don't care because they haven't responded to being messaged, since many of us get messaged (or spammed) with tons of stuff. If you REALLY want to ask someone, or get a response, call them on the phone, or talk to them in person.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I just went and read and asked for info lol...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I did. For the DC area...I am a bored SAHM lol..since my hubby is deployed why not do things right?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Some people help out in different ways.Good Luck with your walk. Keep up the good job
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ryanlynn, did you go to the3day.org?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• A lot of these are my close friends in real life. I messaged them as well as mentioning it in person.

Some I did message on here and have gotten more responses on here than anywhere else honestly, lol.

I mean, I just thought this was supported by more people than it seems to be. I've actually been criticized quite a few times now for doing it as well which shocked me.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Very true. :) I just wanted to make sure you knew the website so you could get the best and most up to date info. :) I wasn't sure if you were oging through an individual. Kudos to you and good luck! I'm SUPER excited to do it!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010