BREAST PUMPING>

Okay so i am only 35 weeks & 4 days, & i just wanted to try the breast pump to see how it works b.c this will be my first time breast feeding. & i was just wanting to make sure that it is okay to do right now , & make sure that it will not be some sort of nipple stimulation to put me in labor.
So can you please let me know if it is okay to try right now or if i should wait just in case. Thanks in advance.

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL..I would wait. It is possible it could cause stimulation since you aren't nursing another child and tandem nursing, it may cause contractions.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It would deffinetely be a bad idea!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It is nipple stimulation, which can cause contractions (though it doesn't always, and there's no saying they would be "real" contractions). I would talk to your doctor about it before you try it.

Really, though, there's not much point, regardless. Set it up so you can inform yourself how it works, but you don't need to actually pump to do that. And you wouldn't get much, if anything, out anyway.

Assuming everything is ok with you and baby, there will be no reason to pump for the first several weeks at least, even if you have to return to work after that time. You can leave pump experimentation for later. You have enough else to worry about right now. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't do it yet. Wait until after the baby.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I tried mine for a min or two to see how it felt and see if it worked. As in was functioning, not trying to express milk. That, IMO, is fine. Constant stimulation *could* be a problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would wait. The colostrum is very important to your newborn baby.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• okay ladies thanks. Glad i asked before i done it. & i thought that the Colostrum comes back>?> just curious about that. I def do not want to cause any harm to my baby so i guess after the baby comes i will figure it out. Thanks for the answers..
    aangelmommie03

Comment by aangelmommie03 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010