Would you consider this as a service?

I'm looking into different methods of gift wrapping in order to provide a service during the holidays for those that are too busy to wrap, or are less creative. Here is a site I found, the method is called Furoshiki or bojagi... the art of wrapping with scarves.

Is this something that could possibly sell? Or am I the only one that thinks it's cool?

http://www.inhabitots.com/2009/12/21/green-gift-wrap-idea-bobo-wrapping-scarves/ecowrapping_bobo2/

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it's certainly worth a shot. I recently picked a book up on this actually and can't wait to get to wrapping. LOL I've never heard of anyone wrapping at home as a business but people get gifts wrapped all the time at the mall and what not. Try it, I would love to hear how you do later on. =) Perhaps there is a holiday craft bazaar in your area or something, you could set up a booth in a place like that for exposure.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think that looks so cute. Its worth a shot...Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It's totally cool! I would offer it WITH more traditional wraps.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It looks very pretty, but also costly.

Depending on the cost I would do it! :)

Also you could go to business parks and hit the businesses up and offer your services to them. That's a bunch of busy potential clients! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I can make the wraps from home, this would enable customers to be more specific with color choices, as well as keep my costs down.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010