How many days/hours did you have contractions before going to the hospital?

with my first i probbaly had them all day long but didnt notice until 11pm then went to the hospital 8am.
I am now 36 weeks with my second. Doctor told me he would proably see me within a week this one when I was at the office yesterday. & for the last week theyre has been a few days i have felt contractions. I found it weird because I dont ever remeber the "braxton hicks" with my son.
so with expecting or "new" mommys (at least new again lol) how many days or hours before they got intense did you notice them?

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was lucky I didn't have any....my water broke at 6:00 pm on Sunday and I delivered my son at 6:03 AM Monday - the next day.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well, mine started at 12:00pm on a day that I already had an appointment for 2:30pm. By 12:45, I knew I was in labor. Until that moment, I hadn't had not one contraction ever. By the time I got to the doctors office at 2:00pm, I was in harder labor and already almost a 5 dilated. My son was born at 7:01pm after I pushed 2 times. LOL I was 2 days past my EDD. So, my labor came in one fell swoop.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• 3 days before i went to the hospital...i was 40 weeks went over 3 days hurt so bad
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was having regular contractions starting at 6 am on Sunday. I went to the hosp at 6-7pm at 3.5 cm. Was 10 cm around 1:30-2 pm on Monday. Gave birth Via C-section Monday evening at 5:49pm. He was face up. I pushed for about 4-4.5 hours. I tried. :0(
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had intense, frequent contractions for weeks with 2 out of my 4 pregnancies (predomal labor). With the other 2, I had few or no contractions until full-blown labor started.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• With my first, I had BH contractions off and on for most of the second half, but not bad, and usually not painful. They got pretty bad at one point at 38 weeks, and I waited maybe 6 or 7 hours before going to the hospital, but apparently they weren't bad enough and weren't "real" contractions, so they sent me home. No labor by my scheduled C-section 9 days later.

With my second, I never had BH contractions. We were at the hospital about an hour after I felt my first contraction (at which point they were already 2 minutes apart and definitely not "false labor"), and I had my baby 7 hours after that.

But I've also heard of moms who never feel what they think it should feel like, and someone pressures them to go to the hospital "just in case", and by the time they show up they're ready to push. So it really could go either way. Experiences are so different with different pregnancies, there's no telling.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have been having contractions since 31 weeks. I am now 36 weeks and still no baby!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• With baby #2 I started feeling mine around 11pm Wed and they were never more than 7-10 min apart all night and by 5-7am they had quit...but I knew something was up because I felt like I was dialated and it felt like the baby was going to fall out so much that I couldn't hardly walk that day. Contractions started up again around 5pm and around 10pm we went to the hospital. I was determined not to go until the last min....well turns out I was fully dialated and probably had been all day. There were membranes in the way basically blocking the baby from coming out and causing my water not to break. The doctor broke it and about 15 min later I pushed the baby out.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My water broke, so I went in (which I regret...). My first contraction was at the hospital.
    Looking back and knowing what I know, I wish I had still waited until my contractions were going before going in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was in labour for 38 hours before delivering by emergency c-section! My ds had decided to toss his cord over his shoulder!
    lyricsoprano90

Answer by lyricsoprano90 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010