Smoked while pregnant?

Yesterday I found out im pregnant.Im super excited about it. My question is..I smoked pot a few nights ago and im worried its going to show up the first time I go to the doctors. Any advice on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They dont drug test you, just stop smoking for your babys sake!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• They're not going to drug test you, at least not unless you give them a reason to. I used to smoke pot too, and did so until I had my first positive pregnancy test with my first daughter and nothing bad happened, but I made sure to stop!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Agree. They don't drug test you lol. And good news is, it's rare for it to harm the fetus, just like alcohol BEFORE you find out you're pregnant. But def. quit now, for you and your babys health. low heart rate isn't good.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Agreed with Sabrena, they don't drug test you at the OB visit. Don't worry about it. Many moms smoked weed, cigs, drank alcohol in the early weeks of pregnancy before finding out about it and the babies came out just fine. The baby doesn't even attach itself to the uterine wall until just about the time that you miss your period anyway, so alcohol or other consumption before then doesn't get passed on to the baby like it does later on in pregnancy once baby is implanted.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My doctor DOES drug test. He ordered my labs the other day, Im 8 weeks, and it had 'tox screen' as one of the tests. Pretty sure thats a drug test. I dont do drugs, never have, so he didnt have a 'reason' to do that, he just does it to know whats going on.
    MommyKelleyX3

Answer by MommyKelleyX3 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• even if they did drug test you ( which they wont) you didnt know you were pregnant, and it isnt illegal to smoke weed, just to possess it. If that were the case, as long as you didnt smoke any more, none could do anything, so relax
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• jolee your so correct i use to smoke .. a dr told me hed rather me smoke weed than tobbacco.. i dont anymore though.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010