How do we get our 18 month old to sleep through the night???

We are living with family right now. So we're sharing our room with our 18 month old little girl. She's up every 20 minutes at nite. We can't afford to move right now and my husband has to be at work at 1am. Sarah is keeping all three of us from getting any sleep!

I need help. The nite light idea has not worker.
Thanx..

Pexagon53

Asked by Pexagon53 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sorry I am going through this also. I notice my son (17months) sleeps better with noise in the room. Maybe try putting on a radio or even maybe a TV? Have you tried that? We are talking about getting a TV for his room because he isnt sleeping unless its in my room on the floor with TV on. There is also a machine that makes "white" noise, some people swear by it but a little out of price range for me. Good luck and let me know if you find another way... I could use the help too!
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My daugyhter has a musical cd called baby's magic. SHE LOVES IT and IT HAS TO BE ON FOR HER TO FALL ASLEEP>

GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• They say tv is bad to put in your childs room. I was going through the same thing. How do you put your child to sleep? I researched my childs sleeping problem. I always rocked my child to sleep. And found that was the problem. Because he never figured out how to put himself to sleep. He was always dependent on me to do it. And my other problem was i didn't have a good bedtime routine down. So now i give him a bath at 7:30 we read books and he gets his bedtime kisses from everyone. ( I also live with my parents and my son and i share a room) Then i rock him til he gets sleepy. And then i go and lay him down and he falls asleep with his elmo and watches the colors change on his nightlight. He was upset the first time i did this, but he only cried for a few seconds. The first night he slept through the night. From 8pm til 8am. It was great! Hope i helped! Good luck!
    kadansmommy07

Answer by kadansmommy07 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2008