Would you tell your husband if you found out his kid wasn't his?

His daughter is 19, it has been rumored throughout his family that she probably is not his child.
This part is kinda confusing so bear with me.
My brother was a friend of my DH exwife. Apparently she told him that the child was not my DHs, my brother told my dad, yesterday he told me. My beloved brother passed away several years ago, so I cannot ask him. WWYD?

Pat-S

Asked by Pat-S at 12:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I would tell him. He has a right to know if the child is not his.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would tell him, can't imagine keeping that kind of secret from DH
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the first reply.
    FreeMind

Answer by FreeMind at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Very true, tell him. GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• As hard as it would be, I would definitely tell him. The worst that can happen is that the DNA test will prove he is or is not and he can take it from there. At least he would know for sure. Wow, I hope you will all be okay.
    drewntaesmom

Answer by drewntaesmom at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Tell him. he needs to confront the ex wife about it
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You need to tell. Because now tha makes you the bad guy to him if he found out and knew that you knew. He and the child have the right to know.
    Anonymous

• hard situation. if you tell him he may not react too well to you. it's better if another family member tells him, especially if you've had any probs with his daughter.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Has he been actively in her life? Love her like she's his flesh and blood? It takes a lot more than DNA to be a parent. And it's rumors... if it's been in the family then he's likely already heard it. Id would feel that if I kept the secret then I was the same as lying to him. A dna test could be done without her knowledge if she has contact with him in the home etc but without a medical reason I don't know why you'd want to disrupt their lives more than necessary.
    My Dad told me that he didn't think I was his and it's been about 25 yrs and it still hurts that he said those words to me. He's been dead since '93 but I would've liked to have done a dna just to prove to him that I am.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon.a t 12:38 its his daughter for 19 years he is the dad he probaly already knows
    Anonymous