Underwire Bra's Vs Non Wire

Well sence I started getting this scare of breast cancer I have noticed problums with my underwire in my bras so today for the first time sence I was a tween I am buying a nonwire bra. The underwire seems to be pushing into one of the lumps Ladies I need suggestions on where to buy them?

Momof2Stepof3

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (-4 Credits)
  • i would go to victorias secret because in my experience bras without underwire generally dont stay in place very well so i would get one that is really well made and make sure you get fitted first so it actually works and is comfortable. otherwise you will be walking around and your band of your bra will be across your boobs, not under them LOL
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Good for you, underwires are not good for breast tissue. I get a lot at Target or sometimes I find some at TJMAxx/ Marshall's.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Walmart sells all type of bras,,I wear platex18

Answer by louise2 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Playtex has a few styles of no underwire bras. I think I bought mine at JCPenney.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you've not used one in the last 5-10 years, then it would be good to get fitted before buying one. A lot of stores offer this for free. I know Victoria's Secret used to, and Lane Bryant and Macy's, and Nordstrom's. There are some new bras out there that are constructed without any wire, but still support like an underwire. Look for Cacique, Goddess, or Glamorise bras on google for a wide selection.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I get mine at Pennys. I have very dense breasts and usually wore an underwire for the support. I buy the Goddess ones without underwire and have support now. Though they don't fit on the one side due to the lumpectomy last yr but I will be getting more. Hope this helps.
    teddybears42603

Answer by teddybears42603 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008