If someone says he cares for you, how do you know it's for real?

How do you know whether a person cares for you out of sense of duty or genuine love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Listen to your gut!

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• if you have to question it, I think you already know the answer.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 12:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• How I tell.

By their actions. Pay attention to someone's actions, and I can tell the intention behind those actions. People's intentions can be pretty easy to read, when you look/watch them with clear & open eyes.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Actions speak louder than words.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree that actions speak louder than words but to me there are some that act and talk the walk but in the end all they wanted was a walk that lasts a few minutes and not one that lasts a lifetime. There is in my book no true way to tell for sure. Just remember to sustain from sex or any other commitment until you are sure there will be a commitment. Grow up and realize that nothing in life is a for sure thing.
    breezy1955

Answer by breezy1955 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Actions speaks louder then words, you can say I like them, or love them. If you treat them bad, and don't show it. You might as well not say it...

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i just knew - i suppose it was a feeling i got when my husband first locked eyes with me the first time we met - he waited 3 weeks to ask me to marry him - i said "what took you so long"? lol - we met march 23, 1963 - my daddy was away overseas with the cia - i had promised not to get engaged or married while he was away - hub wrote to my daddy and asked permission to give me my diamond on valentine's day - and asked for my hand in marriage - daddy got home june 1, 1964 and we were married june 6, l964 -

yes, you definitely get that special feeling, i think
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You don't. None of us know you, or him, so any feedback is just guessing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He will show you. He'll put you first, he'll consider your feelings, he'll do things just to make you smile. He'll remember things you tell him, he'll confide in you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010