How many actually got their house in order before new baby arrived?

Espically those with other children. I have a preschooler & 2 schoolaged children and cant get this house ready for anything! If you were able, *How did you do it* -any tips?!?

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did most of it when my little one was in bed for the night. I didnt have everything i wanted done but most. Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i did. Wasnt much to really do at its base level. Alot of that stuff is just frilly extra stuff that isn't needed and ends up as a hand me down to another family in a few months when the baby has outgrown it in a few months.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had clothes and blankets washed and the bassinett put together and that was about it. And it was my first so I didn't have the excuse of other kids to keep me busy. It was fine though. As a newborn all she really needed was a place to sleep, something to wear, and I nursed her so I didn't even need to worry about bottles.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My house was completely ready :) I mean everything. His room was ready and stocked with diapers and wipes and outfits laid out, everything..lol..And, i had moved to a new holuse the 10th and had him the 27th :) So i had to unpack and do the whole house in that time. I was a tired lady, but im OCD like that..lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I always tend to get a little OCD at about 36 weeks about always having the house in tip-top shape because I know that after the baby comes I won't have time for housework for a while. I cleaned pretty much literally all the time.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my wonderful grandmother came a month before each baby was born and stayed until a he/she was a month old - she did all the readying -up - the cleaning, cooking, etc. - so i could do all the shopping that had been left to the last minute and rest - and enjoy the baby after they came (we have 2 sons) and enjoy company - she still did all the cooking and baking - clean-up and pampered us to death - we hated to see her go home - my grandfather got used to this - and he lived with it . and happily - lol - she did this for 6 daughters and 4 granddaughters before she was called Home at 94 - and she could work circles around every one of us until she got to be about 92 - that was when she started failing - oh, she used to come every spring and fall and help us houseclean, too - how i loved her!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i did a bit w/ my 1st but wont do much w/ 2 it wont matter the first few days
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Not me! Of course I DID think I had 5 more weeks...maybe I would've gotten things a bit more in order, but probably not much.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Unfortuatly I didn't because a few weeks before I had my dd my sciatic nerve started acting up and I could barely walk.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• nope not me...got 3 other kids too...and never got it done for them either...crazzy..i know
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010