What is it like when your water breaks??

I have heard that some women dont even notice...is this true and if it is then how do you know when it happens??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 12:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's very hard not to notice. Basically you fill a water balloon until it's full, stick it between your legs, and then squeeze. Once it pops you'll be soaked in its contents, as well as the floor surface around you. It's more then just wetting your pants, more like wetting your pants continuously. For me it wouldn't stop leaking. I'd go to clean up and more would gush out, but finally it slowed down enough where a panty liner soaked up what was left. That way I could get to the hospital without being soaked.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Feels like you just wet your pants.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was in the hospital bed and the doc comes in and says they were going to break my water. Well as soon as they said it, it broke on its on. It was nasty lol. I just felt warm all over. i def. noticed.
    OoShannonoO

Answer by OoShannonoO at 12:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Feels like a warm, wet gush.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• For me I was just standing up talking on the phone and water just started dribbling down my legs. Sometimes your OB will break your bag of water before you have the baby and thats a big gush of water.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• like a gush and then some water on ur legs kinda like u peed ur pants!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• For me, it felt like i had a water ballon up there & it popped. It did not hurt, but i just knew exactly what it was when it happened...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh, I noticed.... I got up off the couch and all of a sudden it felt like I peed my pants. When it just wouldn't stop, I figured out it was actually my water breaking.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It is possible that is could go un-noticed but only if you are in the hot shower, because it literally feels like you pissed your pants. You really can not miss something like that. LOL
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010