I this the beginning of menopause for me??? adult content

I'm going to try to give as much info as possible. I'll be 34 in two months. I have three kids, my last being born November 2009. I'm breastfeeding him so my cycles are off as it is. well I got my first cycle at 7 weeks a couple days after starting the mini pill. Got my second one in April. Then each month in May and june. These are all normal periods. Then I got one in July and bled for 28 days!! I stopped bleeding, hubby and I had sex two days later. Two days after that I started my August period that lasted 10 days!! I stopped taking the pill thinking that was the problem. I had a normal period in september and October.
I have been having horrible hot flashes and night sweats. I mean, waking up soaked from head to toe. This is happening about every night. My hubby told me the other day that I've been moodier than usual too.

Please help me, what do you think this is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• Sounds a little too young for menopause but not unheard of. I would talk to my doctor.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This could be a lot of different things other than early menopause. Some simple blood tests could give your doctor clues as to where to start looking. If your thyroid is out of whack it can cause all of these symptoms, but there are plenty of other things that could be going on too.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Could be perimenopause.

Some women do begin perimenopause in their 30's. Most however start around 40 (or early 40's), I know I began perimenopause at 39-40. The hot flashes, night sweats, and moodiness are perimenopause symptoms. There are also around 30 other perimenopause symptoms as well. LOL Seriously, it's a laundry list of symptoms that my doc (a perimenopause/menopause specialist) gave me. She said that the symptoms and how severe they are vary from woman to woman. And that things like: alcohol consumption during a woman's life, smoking during her life, her diet (what she eats and how often she eats), any medications..etc.. All have an affect on her symptoms. Also, perimenopause last for most women anywhere from 10-15 years. Menopause is not until you have 1 solid year with NO period at all. That's when you actually hit menopause.

If unsure, see your doc. Other issues can cause they same "symptoms" as well
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It could be early menopause. More likely it is your hormones being off after having had a baby and then the mini pill.

Please call your doctor. S/he will help you figure out what is going on.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010