what age can you bathe your child everyday

my daughter drools and sweats alot so shes not stinky but i want her to have that just out the bath smell. i use lotion alot and also apply baby powder unfer her neck and in her diaper but i just want her to smell like shampoo is that wrong?

shes 4 months

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• what about wiping her down with a wipe every other day and bathing her every other day. I would worry about drying out her scalp more than anything. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe alternate bird bath and actual bath.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i gave my babies spinge baths every day until their belly stump fell off then they got real baths every day (still do)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just use moisturizing body wash/Shampoo from Johnson and Johnson. I love that stuff, because it doesn't dry out their scalp or skin. You decide whether you want to give them a bath everyday or not. It's up to you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Depends on your child's skin. I have 2 children that could take baths every day with no issues, and 2 that would get dry skin bad enough to cause pain if they were bathed more than 3 times a week. So go with what your baby can handle.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It really depends on your climate where you live. It is so dry here that no one takes a shower or bath every day unless they are willing to put tons of lotion on as well. I always bathed them every other day, unless they were swimming or playing in the dirt.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I only think it's wrong if she gets exzema because that's what happened when my kids were babies, I would give them nightly baths and it overdried their skin even though I was using lotion and moisturizing bathwash. Maybe as it gets colder (if you live in a state that has a cold climate), you can skip a night in between but only if it's affecting her skin. Otherwise I don't think anything is wrong with it especially if you both enjoy the time!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 1:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just bathe them when they need it. Use lotion so their skin doesn't get dried out.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i bathe every other day until 6 monthes, but i will batge daily if it is needed
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010