what to do with this 3lb. hamburger?

My fiance froze 3lbs. of hamburger with out dividing it and I hate to unthaw it and freeze it again it never tastes the same after that. So what can I make with all this hamburger?!
Maybe something special for 4th of July?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• taco's!!!! yum yum. you can even fry it up add taco seasoning and cheese and dip tor. chips in it. i have always heard you should not refreeze meat.
    mygirlsrock00

Answer by mygirlsrock00 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• LOL. Well, you could just brown the beef with some chopped onion and then divided it up and freeze it to use on a busy evening when you need a quick meal. OR make a gazillion meatballs and feed all the neighbors!!
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Make hamburger patties out of them, and par cook (partially cooked) the patties then refreeze, thaw it all, make spaghetti use 1 lb in the jar of sauce, make 1 lb meatballs and the other lb? make a par cooked meatloaf and refreeze.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• BIG pan of shepards pie!1 It usually needs alot of hamburg neway depending on how much u fee, I make my shepards pie with 4 cans of corn, 3 pounds of hamburg and 1 bag of potatoes
    SavannahMoMHC2

Answer by SavannahMoMHC2 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• lots of chili and then freeze it - with the letover/frozen chili you can makes lots of stuff w/ that. Chili dogs, taco dip, etc...
    cstashu

Answer by cstashu at 10:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I usually freeze hamburger meat in 2 and a half to 3 lbs packs anyway. (we buy big family packs and separate it.) I usually make hamburgers with a pack. If I do have left over hamburgers, we'll eat them the next day. I usually use about 3 lbs to make a meatloaf.
    JESUSchic

Answer by JESUSchic at 10:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2008