What would you do?

I broke up with my fiance about two years ago because I found out his divorce was not final, he was drinking way too much (30 pack a day) and lost his job and wouldn't find one. I told him to get his divorce final, quit drinking and stay sober for a year and to get a job and hold it for a year and after that if he still cared about me and wanted to try again to call me. Well he called the other day...he has done all the things I told him to do ( I know they are true because I talk to his brother and best friend ). He wants to start seeing me again and see where things go. He has been calling and I get butterflies still when he calls. I'm just unsure of if I should really give him a chance or not..what would you do?

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• give it a chance
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Sure, I'd give him a chance. But I would not let anything move too fast.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Give him a chance, but take it slow.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Depends how much you still love him. If it's a relationship that will always be on your mind you may want to give it another try. Take it slow and make sure he has truly changed.
    If you think you can move on and not look back then the better option would be to leave him in the past. The drinking excessively thing scares me - alcoholics are no fun.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would go for it. He has stepped up and done all that you asked, now I think it's time to give it another go. If it's not what you want once things start going again, then it's time to say it was worth a try and let it go :) Good luck!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Take things slow, if its ment to be it will be..
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 1:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Give him a chance...look at all the things he did for you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You told him that if he did those things you would give him a chance. He obviously cared enough to go that far, you should at least keep your word.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If he did ALL of those things to get his life together & have another chance with You & you still get Butterflies- i think you two have a Great Shot at making it work! It sounds like he really has made a extreme effort & Loves You:) Wishing you lots of luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Go on a couple dates with him and then decide. Take it slow. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010