Do you take your kids trick or treating at sex offenders houses?

Ok, I normally don't plug my blog over here, because it's kind of tacky, but I did a reminder piece to check Megan's law before you go trick or treating, and get this, A dude shows up and STICKS UP FOR THE OFFENDERS.

I'm not even kidding. It's sick. He says "no child had EVER been molested trick or treating."

Really? Do you believe that to be true? Is it safe to bang on everyone's door looking for candy?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• scarry but it should be supervised i would never ever let my kid go alone
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Probably..did you ever see the map of the your area..it is SCARY!! But they are always with me....and in our neighborhood , we go to homes we know and them go to other places where they don't know us or where we live....and myself and my hubby and usually my sister too are altogether

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• http://lovinangelseveryday.blogspot.com/2010/10/trick-or-treat-safety.html
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Never knowingly. And it isn't because I am scared they will be molested then, but I would be scared that he/she could choose to target my child at a later date.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It doesn't matter if the actual molestation takes place during trick or treating...its about the way that sick person looks at children. When kids come knocking on NORMAL peoples' doors at Halloween, most people think how cute they look in their little costumes and all that. Well a sex offender is probably thinking how HOT they look or thinking of some sick story in his head. I would never ever ever want my child near a sex offender even if there was 100 cops around. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't even want someone THINKING of my child in a sexual way.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry you are so paranoid; it must make the world a terrifying place for you. I'm not going to live in fear of someone snatching my kid away while I'm standing there.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

________________
    we have three in the whole area, and they are all miles away from me. I check, because my oldest runs ahead of me.
    lovinangels

• I don't think i would, but i'm checking my neighborhood online now, didn't even really think about it (we lived on a military base for years) since we moved here.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

__________________________
    the world is not a terrifying place for me. I simply use all the resources available to keep my children safe.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't think its being paranoid to check for sex offenders...have you checked the map in your area? it is CRAZY
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010