How can you be sure that Jesus was resurrected?

What evidence is there? There is no body to examine. Considering there is no body evidence available, can you conclude that Jesus was resurrected successfully? Faith? I would like intelligent answers other than faith please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Because God doesn't lie.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If you want intelligent answers than you need to ask an intelligent question with no restrictions- Faith is the guiding principal in religion, to exclude it from the conversation is just a way for people that do not believe to feel like they are "right". Its like picking a fight and then tying the oppositions hands behind their back and claiming VICTORY! How can you ask a question about religion without Faith?

Lets turn it around- can you prove he did NOT resurrect from the dead and please make sure your answer is intelligent because I don't want to know what you THINK happened, I want to know what you can prove happened.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Faith is a very intelligent answer. And if you are wanting "proof" to believe that a man rose from the dead 2000 years ago, not only are you showing your lack of faith, but you will be waiting a long time as there will probably never be proof.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You can't.

That's the beauty of it.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• What better love and devotion to someone than to actually just believe what they say.

That's love!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Gotta agree with my sisters in Christ!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• John 20 (chapter) verse 16 Jesus said, ''Mary." verse 17 Jesus says , ''Don't cling to me, I have not yet returned to the Father. But go to My brothers and tell them I am ascending to My Father and Your Father---- to My God, and Your God.

verse 18 Mary Magdalene went and announce to the disciples that she had seen Jesus risen from the grave. Mary said, "I have seen the Lord!" And she told those things He had said to her.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• In answer to your question, you can't. No one can on the level that you are asking it. Any "evidence" or lack of it is purely forensic. No one alive today was alive then to verify it. It is just as the good women here are saying - you will have to have faith to believe it. The question to ask yourself is, "will this belief enhance my life? Is it worth believing in? Will is help me to achieve my goals in life, and help me to focus on what is most important to me?" If the answers are positive, close your eyes and leap! Be happy! If, on the other hand, you cannot see this as a life enhancing belief system - move along and question it no more - just find the beliefs that work for you.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Me personally.

I do not believe in the resurrection of the Christ.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You can look at it like this depending on your trust in the bible. You can research at your discretion how the bible is historically acurrate. The majority of scholars have determined the eyewitness accounts detailed in the bible are reliable. Jesus resurrected people so that we would know resurrections are possible. The bible prophesied He would rise in three days, so again, if you find the bible credible, you could believe He rose to a resurrection.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010