whole chicken ideas

I am making a whole chicken tonight for dinner but I don't want to do the same old thing. What I would like to do is take a lemon..juice it over the chicken and then stick the rind instead of the chicken cavity but not sure what to do with seasoning...any ideas?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 1:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• thyme and rosemary with lemon or orange. Loosen the skin from the breast and slip some rosemary pieces under ti on each side as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• o0o that sounds really good
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Tarragon. Stuff the leaves under the skin. It makes it taste like chicken kiev.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yep trragon would have been my next suggestion but I just LOVE rosemary. I put tarragon in my chicken salad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i usually use seasoned salt, cumin, garlic powder and smashed garlic cloves in the cavity, and onion powder....and cover the outside, spices and all, in olive oil to seal it all in....and ive never used an orange on the inside but i did do half of a lemon and it was wonderful!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Butterfly it and place it skin side up in a roasting pan (I use a large cast iron skillet for this). Toss in some cherry tomatoes, whole garlic cloves and sliced onion. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs de provenance. Roast on 400 until done (probably about 40 minutes, but test with a termometer).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Hmmm, I like rosemeary, lemon, olive oil on skin to brown nicely, butter under skin, garlic and salt n pepper. YUM.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• All of these suggestions makes me want to go buy a chicken to cook for dinner... I just might!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010