What would you do if you found out a spirit resided in your home?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We do have one. He/It/She was pretty mean at first (I think because of anger that we were invading his/her/it's space) and actually attacked one of my friends when she was sleeping in the room it resides in most of the time. After a great deal of threatening to forcefully remove it from the home, it calmed down and is fairly friendly now. I talk to it all the time. Over the past few days it seems like it's been a bit more active than usual (last night it like took over my laptop for a few minutes, which was weird). I think it may be excited about Halloween lol. I think we pretty much have a deal that so long as it remains calm and doesn't do anything mean, we will be the same way. But if it starts getting mean or violent, we will use force if necessary. I think it's reading over my shoulder right now lol. I just felt a very cold draft for no reason after I opened this.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well, are we counting the Holy spirit? I'm sure that's in my house! And I welcome it!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my family has always been spirtitually intuned ghosts and angels follow us everywhere we move
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• One does! I just tell him to quit staring over my shoulder all the time. I've seen him on several occasions and felt his presence as late as last night

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would not give a crap. I have lived in many houses with "spirits". They do not bother me one bit. I have the advantage of a physical body in this world...LOL! They don't! I'll always have the upper hand. The more energy you feed a spirit, the stronger it becomes. So, it's best o just pretend they dont exist & go on with your day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My friend has one in her home, and other than the first time I encountered it doesn't scare me. Its odd to see doors open and close, door knobs jiggling, turning the tv off and such, I feel his presence sometimes but not very often when I'm there. When I'm there now I say hello and good bye to him. Other than the few encounters he's never done anything horrible or evil to me or my friend.
    If I had one in my house I guess it would just depend on what events were occuring in the house and I'd have to make my decision from there. I had never believed in ghosts or spirits until I saw it for myself at my friends home one night...so I think I'd be pretty skeptical even if something was going on in my house - even at her place I'll try to recreate things to see it was my imagination.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Depends for me as well if it was a hostile spirit or not. We've seen a lot of evidence of a presence in our house but it seems benevolent.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't think it would bother me to much i live next to a cemetary. Im sure there are spirits in my house but hey everybody or thing has to have a place to live.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Dh and I bought an older, fixer-upper home recently. I've been taking pictures of the house as we work on it. In two different pictures (kitchen, and a bedroom) there is a perfect circle... Like an orb of light. Well I made excuses, it could be this or that... Well the last set of pictures I took, there was another orb, in the living room. We have an old couch and loveseat in there, and thats it. DH and DD are sitting on the loveseat eating pizza, the orb (again it is a perfect circle) is right on the arm of the couch, by DD.... I know for a fact there wasn't anything to make that perfect circle....What would you think? Or do?
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Depends on how they behave. I've had a few that were mostly helpful and looked out for us. They can stay.

I've had a few get too playful and scare the kids or pets. They get warned to behave or they can leave.

I had one that creeped me out by staring at me and pacing my living room all the time. I had to explain to him that he was dead and needed to go into the light. He was stubborn though - so I sent the picture he was connected to, to my ex. It belonged to him anyway.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010