super tacky but i can not say it to anyone i know

I know it is super tacky to discuss ones income in this way but Im sooo damned excited and can not say it to any one... so Im going to do it here anonymously. I just have to say it before I burst. Hubby just called to let me know that his holiday bonus is going to be about 100,000 holy heck... omg.... I can not wait!!!

I feel I must ask a question since Im putting it here... so how about... what would YOU do with that holiday bonus?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Holy god....lol can I ask what he does???

We get about $1,000 and that usualy is our Christmas shopping money. But we are already almost done gift buying, so it will go towards paying off our car a bit sooner
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• he is part owner in a company so that is profit sharing.  They had an AMAZING year this past year!!!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Pay the back payments on my house so we can continue to live there. :0( And that would only be a small portion of it. I would go ahead and pay my proporty taxes for the year and get DH a car that runs well and isn't from 93'. Then I would help my dad buy my moms meds for a few months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• That's great!! When my husband gets a big bonus it is taxed close to 50%. Be prepared for that. But still, wonderful news!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yeah...what in the world does he do?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• wow! awesome! dh is in the army so he doesnt get holiday bonus'
    I would so pay off my car with that and maybe even buy a second car.. who knows!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• That is amazing. I would definitely go on a trip or cruise. Congrats.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• THAT is freaking AWESOME! Enjoy it! And I hope you do great things with it. Save it. Pay off a big chunk of your mortgage.! Lol! Take a vacation!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• since you proubly already own a home go to the bahamas
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• its a tease to think of that answer... if we got a 100,000 bonus... or even if my dh made 100,000 for just 1 year.. It would change our life forever.. Soooo much would be different..

the best bonus my dh got (once) was about $1,000 & at the time it all went straight to medical bills so it couldnt help in better ourself ..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010