Mexican Candied Mango?

Im hooked on that dry mango that is candied with chili its sweet and spicy. I would like to make my own anyone know how?

Jkoons

Asked by Jkoons at 1:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make it by "marinating" my mango bits in a simple syrup (boiled water and sugar, equal amount) then I roll them in chile powder and dehydrate them in the oven by first baking them at 200* for an hour then turning the oven off and leaving the door shut ALL night...mmmm sooo good!
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I love that stuff too! Probably one of the best 'candies' I can find down here. I go to the market where a woman makes that stuff. Next time I am there I will ask her how she makes it and what ingredients she uses. I'm sure you can just use a food dehydrator and roll it around in some chili powder. Or Tajin (it has bigger flakes though).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ick ick i don't like mexican candy LOL
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh that is what I was looking for thanks ladies Im gonna try the simple syrup then the baking in the oven. Can't wait!!
    Jkoons

Comment by Jkoons (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010