aby showers

do you give a baby shower to a person whose havng a second baby

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 1:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sure why not? Every baby is entitled to a shower. And not everybody has stuff from there first children. I know I sure don't.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No, unless their first kid is old....as in older than 5 or so. I think it's tacky to know you want another, or to have kids that aren't even in kindergarten and expect another shower. You should have saved your stuff. I want another baby, we have a 1 and 2 yr old now, but we aren't doing it until after my hubby is back from his deployment. This will be about 2-3 yrs down the road. So I will keep EVERYTHING packed up until that time to use it again. I mean all of it, clothing, strollers, carseats, toys (to a point). Because I'm not buying it again or expecting others to provide it for me.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree...not unless their first child is a bit older.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 1:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• See I totally disagree. I have a 2 year old and I have nothing from him. I can't help that we weren't expecting to have another child. And just because you have a shower doesn't mean you are expecting huge gifts let alone any gifts at all. A baby shower is to just to celebrate the new life.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• the child is 3
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Personally I think that you don't ever ask for or hint for one, but if your friends would like to give a shower then I think it's okay to graciously say "Yes, thank you." I don't think I'd register, or expect any large items, maybe things like diapers, and new clothes because babies can be hard on clohtes....and especially if you have one boy/girl and are expecting the opposite you may not have clothes you can use.

To be honest, no one should expect or ask for a shower, they should just feel honored when someone who cares about them wants to give a shower for them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i say go for it , do what you want to
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 3:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think that a baby shower is a celebration of a new life, every individual baby deserves one, even if they are the 20th baby, they still deserve one.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010