What if...Switched at Birth

Let's say you found out that your child was switched at birth...the one you have been raising is not yours biologically. You are the only one who knows...what would you do?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think we are all curious about our natural child...that's nature...I relate it similar to adoption..I adopted my DS @ 2 weeks and I could not imagine loving a child more...he isn't biological but that does not make him any less part of me...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• nothing... keep on raising my SON
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This is what makes a parent,two people who love raise,and nurture a child take care when the child is sick or well. Loves a child no matter what. There is alot more to being a parent then just giving birth! Sharing a bloodline does not make u a parent!!
    Anonymous

• I would love to meet my child. I would never ever in my life ask their parents to give them up to me as I would not want to give up my other child I had raised... but I would want to meet my baby definately.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• THE TRUTH is more important. I would find out who had my biological child and tell them that I had theirs. Covering up is always wrong.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would not have allowed it in the first place. This is why babies need to room-in and never leave their mother or father's sight.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It would never happen to me... i dont let my child leave my sight... (never had a permie or anything) but if it ever did I would want my child!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This depends on how old the child is, if the child were an infant I would cut my losses and get my child back.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 2:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I know EXACTLY what my baby looks like the minute its born, my hospital puts all kinds of things on it for security and has a lot of different measures to make sure this doesnt happen. The baby stays in our room most of the time as well.... BUT if it did happen, then I would want to meet my biological child but keep the one I have..... I think? I dunno b/c I know our kids are OURS!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'd not want to meet the other kid. MY CHILD is who I have raised all these years, and that's that.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010