What was your BF, DF, or DH's reaction when you had your first baby together?

when i first told my bf we were having a baby he got so excited he couldn't believe it he thought he was never gonna have kids since he was 27 years old. then when it was time to have her he drove me to the hospital help my had the entire time until our daughter was born then left me flat he didnt want to let her go lol from then on it has been all about sandra. which i really dont mind

Mamii0f2

Asked by Mamii0f2 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my husband was the exact same way -- we tried for many yaers to get pregnant - he's been amazing
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine was emotional! He was shaking and stuff when I told him I was pregnant. He would start sweating and get nervous at our doctors appointments and ultrasounds whenever he'd see the baby or hear the heartbeat. Weirdo, sweet, but weird.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• we were trying to get pregnant both times we actually did and he was super excited both times but when our dd was born he cried :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine was asleep when I found out I was pregnant, and it usually takes him about 30 minutes to be cohesive, so his first reaction was "cool, congrats", and he fell right back asleep, heh. Once it actually dawned on him, he was excited though. And I think he was completely elated and petrified at the same time when I actually gave birth...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Hubby was working when I found out I was pregnant. And while I was having the baby he was at some Political event with h is father, who came to the country to see our baby be born. They arrived three hours after I had given birth and were lucky to be let in by the hospital staff since it was already past midnight and visits are only until 8PM. I was really irritated that hubby wasn't there, but I can complain because he spent every single day and night that he could with the baby after that, meaning I never got up in the middle of the night until like a year ago (and my son was already 2). He loves him dearly.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My husband looked at me, lips quivering and eyes tearing, and said, "really?" (we had TTC for a very very long time). Then he held me and we cried together. When my DD was born, we both cried.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• First reaction to the news: Shocked. After that, he was happy for a while, then we were both freaking out (I had just turned 18 and he was almost 20 and we had only been married three months). He cried when she was born, though. It was one of two times I saw him cry in the five years I've known him.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• well, i had two from a previous marriage, but when i got pregnant with his son i thought he was going to pass out he was so excited. he made sure i had everything i wanted the whole pregnancy. which could account for the 20 extra lbs lol
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010