WHY IT'S A PROBLEM

I AGREE TO A POINT. HIS RELIGION SHOULDN'T MATTER..... BUT THEN IT SHOULD!!!

FOR ONE, U CAN'T MIX POLITICS AND RELIGON THEY CAN NOT GO HAND IN HAND IN NO WAY....

WHY HIM BEING A MUSLIM WOULD BE A PROBLEM FOR ME IS BECUASE HE WOULD HAVE TO MAKE HIS RELIGON HIS #1 THING IN LIFE.....

UHHH... THIS IS THE PRESIDENT WERE TALKING ABOUT, NOT A MILK OR POSTMAN.

WHOEVER WINS NEEDS TO HAVE THIS COUNTRY AS #1 PRIORITY, END OF STORY!

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME WAY?!?!

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do agree I wouldn't want a Muslim in office for obvious reasons, but at the same time I am looking for a man that is going to put God first. God will bless this country but only if its in that order. I know I'll get bashed for saying that but if you believe in the Bible there is order to things and God being first, family second then job.
    Anonymous

• Obama is not Muslim. He is Christian. He even addressed that many times. And religion should be apart of his and his family's like, not ours. I doubt he's really gonna make his religion a huge issue if he's elected. He seems to be a little smarter than that. But remember that almost everything to do with America mentions God. Its been like that from the beginning and if one more person tries to change our Anthem and money I am going to SCREAM!!! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• WHY HIM BEING A MUSLIM WOULD BE A PROBLEM FOR ME IS BECUASE HE WOULD HAVE TO MAKE HIS RELIGON HIS #1 THING IN LIFE.....Ok I'm going to try to make my point and be objective here, I agree that if one is religious (regardless of which religion) they should and have to put their religion first. However if one is TRULY FOLLOWING their religion they would always put Love for thy neighbor FIRST. ( that is supposed to make you feel better) We don't know Obama's , or anyones for that matter, depth of their religion. So it's not which religion he is that is important, it is how deeply religious he is.    JMO

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 1:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• First off Mulsims believe in the original Bible, not the one that's been re-written, re-arranged and verses of man added to it. Muslims believe in God, and it's the same God of Abraham and the other prophets. People in this country don't want a Muslim as president because they don't know anything about true Islam and what you don't know about you don't trust. Fine, get educated then. I wasn't always a Muslim, so I know both sides of the fence. Obama is not a Muslim anyway, for you Christians, he's just another Christian like you, only he has brown skin. A good man from a white mother and a black father. Is the real problem his color???
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 1:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• who the hell are you talking about, no muslims are running.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm so sick of the defensiveness of the Obama supporters who say he is not a Muslim and he is a Christian....I don't think ANYONE can truly say what Obama's faith really is just because you go to a specific church doesn't mean a thing unless you are practicing it...I don't think anyone on here has that close of a relationship to Obama to really know what he does in his personal life....and frankly I do not believe a true Christian would ever belong to a church like Trinity Church that speaks towards segregation of whites and blacks and teaches Anti-American and Anti-White ideals through their "Black Value System"!
    Anonymous

• if one more person tries to change our Anthem and money I am going to SCREAM!!! lol

so you agree then that it should be ONE NATION, INDIVISIBLE . . .

and E Pluribus Unum on our money.

I hate that they were messed with, too.

and who's trying to change our anthem?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Is there a Muslim running? If that's a problem for you, you shoudl vote for Obama. He's a Christian.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Novemeber 4th is only 5 days away!!!! I can't wait for all the idiots to go back into the woodwork....
    Anonymous

• Obama wants to change our national anthem and our flag. Did no one watch the debates? He said that they represent things that he is against and won't put his hand on his heart or salute our flag until it is changed!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008