Are you a wealthy...

I have never seen this asked before so here goes,If your a wealthy sahm Do you ever look down on less than or poor sahms?Do u only hangout with people that are wealthy as you?I ask b/c so many sahms I noticed are treated badly just b/c they choose to be home with their children and not work even if it does mean sacrivicing having material things.I am considered a middle class sahm and could have so much more if I worked outside the home too but then why have children for someone else to raise? I can't stand to hear Moms say"Oh I'd go crazy at home with my children."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I am one of the 'working poor' who works 40hrs a week to try to make ends meet. There is no way I could afford to be a sahm.
    Anonymous

• I don't think these are the types of people I'd want to spend time with no matter how much money they had.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would not spend time with wealthy people, They r stuck up snobs..
    I am rich in other ways-my love for my family and God
    I have a job that I enjoy
    none of my friends r stuck up
    Anonymous

• wow anon, nice to know that ALL wealthy people are bad! Seems like you are jealous, my family happen to be very wealthy, but they ae good and caring people. You my dear are rude! I know some poor and middle class people that are complete assholes! And sometimes the poorer the people the worse their attitude! But to answer the question, we are upper middle class, military family, and I choose my friends based on them not their income. I am friends with officers wives, Privates wives, and everyone in between. I choose to saty home b/c I enjoy raising my kids!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't know that money on its own has much to do with whether wealthy and not-so-wealthy people hang out together. But people in the same income levels tend to have other factors in common, IE levels of education, hobbies, etc. And people generally tend to gravitate to others with whom they share common bonds and interests. Making it Wealthy VS. Poor is a naive over-simplification.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010