My Daughter is 8 weeks old and I have had very low milk supply the entire time. Ive tried fenugreek, puping, and Reglan and nothing helps. Last night and today and last night I noticed a drop in my already low supply and then I was surprised when I got my period today. Any one know anything else I can try to bring it back up to at least what I had b4??? Please help me I'm really sad that I might have to stop nursing

How can I increase my milk supply?

carlashoney

Asked by carlashoney at 11:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be sure to drink lots of water b/c if you are not properly hydrated then it will show in your milk. if you are into natural medicine heres a remedy to try. go to your local GNC store or any store with natural medicine and oil and get either FENNEL, GERANIUM or CLARY-SAGE. just get only one. and get a carrier oil such a almond oil or olive oil. if you choose FENNEL put 15 drops in 2 tbsp of carrier oil: if you choose GERANIUM put 15 drops in 2 tbsp of carrier oil; if you chose CLARY-SAGE put 10 drops in 2 tbsp of carrier oil. DO NOT substitute with any other oils. only these will work. take whatever oil mixture you chose and massage the breasts in a circular movement, starting under the arms, working inward and downward and then up b/t the cleavage. do this once a day and wash off before feeding the baby. maybe look it up online or get an essential oil book for reference. oh, and only use "essential" oil not the fake ones. it should come in a dark bottle.
    lilmommy81

Answer by lilmommy81 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Drink lots and lots and lots of water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i was told even if u cant get anything out with a pump, the baby can always get some out.i pump better when i wake up from a nap during the day
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I did not have a good flow with the first so I tried to prepare for the second. The Beastfeeding clinic here in town says to pump every two to three hours and keep it routine. Mother's Milk tea is another one you can try - it never worked for me because I just couldn't choke it down. Oatmeal was highly recommended, anything from cookies to cereal. Get it where you can. LOTS OF WATER as recommended above. But they stressed pumping on a regular basis. I was able to go from barely making a few drops to making 8-10 oz when it was all said and done. Only to find out that my little one can't digest the milk so I had to throw everything I had stored all away (was going to donate to the Mothers Milk foundation, but since I had used herbal supplements to help increase my production, I didn't qualify to donate. Sigh.
    tagonoo

Answer by tagonoo at 10:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008