Can someone answer this for me?

Why do people label recipes as "picky eater friendly" when its something some adults wouldn't even go near??

Some examples that I've found in parenting magazines and websites are: Spinach and Ham Frittata, Chicken Spinach Pie, Quickie Quiche, Tofu Chicken Nuggets, Creamed Peas with Chicken, Carrot and Pumpkin Turkey...you get the idea.

So is it just me, or do you think these people have never actually tried to feed a picky toddler?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 2:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• that's funny... i was looking at some recipes in that magazine and was like "wth i wouldn't even eat that mess"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Creamed peas with chicken? I'm not even picky and that doesn't tantalize my tastebuds haha! Tofu chicken nuggets sounds about as tasty as my shoe rolled in bread crumbs and baked. I have a picky eater and she wouldn't touch that stuff like a 10 foot fork. I agree with you!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think the idea is that the recipe "disguises" the fact that it contains things that are good for you.

Kinda like the Chef Boyarde.......Obviously delicious, secretly nutritious!

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• *with like a 10 foot fork.* sorry my brain is off somewhere today.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm with dyndudes, it's more than likely just because it hides the veggies among other ingredients. And there was not one thing on that list that my 5 year old ss would eat lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well the pictures didn't show that there was any attempt to hide any of the healthy stuff..lol
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ha ha! right!
    (Although we are vegan and tofu nuggets are something we all eat.)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Some of that sounds good :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I guess if your child is picky in that he/she won't eat anything that tastes good, these recipes are for you. I agree though, these sound kind of weird.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010