Freedom?

How much freedom do you allow your 16 year old daughter? My daughter is a good kid, good grades, and concentrating on her softball career. Just don't know if I give her too much freedom

christy_lvr

Asked by christy_lvr at 2:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have a girl, but I do have a 16 yr old son. Based on his ability to make good choices, how well he does school (3.9 gpa), his focus on his sports (wrestling, football and baseball) and his overall responsible nature, I do give him quite a bit of freedom.
    On week nights he is to be home by 8:30 (typically he goes to Football practice right now and then to Drama), on occassion I will let him go with friends during the week to support the girls volleyball team when they are playing, and he is required to come home when its over (typically around 9:30) No friends over on week nights.
    On weekends, I'm more lenient. He can go with friends to the movies, parties etc - curfew is midnight. I do make exceptions but it all depends on who, where, when and why. He has friends over on weekends all the time. Freedom helps them learn to make good choices but we still need to set the boundaries. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I don't have a girl...but I have a 16 year old son... During a week, is not going out..... and on week-ends he can go out to a school party, B-day etc until 12 am.....
    I am always open for my kids to bring the friends home.... And they often do...
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Only you know your daughter and how much you can trust her. I'm sure you probably have a gut feeling already. You don't want to smother her either.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010