Games for 8 month old who is a preemie?

Alright, my baby was born at 35 weeks, not too early but I was warned that he may have milestone delays. He will be 9 months old on the 12. He has problems with his hand eye coordination. Hasnt learned yet how to sit and hold a toy at the same time, pass a toy from one hand to the next, or anything like that. He still has to at least one hand on the ground in order to balance himself. He is behind. I know its to be expected, but what can I do to catch him up? He smiles, but only laughs when I tickle him. He also rarely babbles.

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 2:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you wear him in a sling or wrap? being held upright againat mom is the best thing to develop core strength and balance. If he's eating solid foods, go with whole foods he can hold and manipulate and foods teach many things all at the same time. visit baby led solids particularly gil rapelys article. Do you allow him to explore different ground? grass, sand, wood, carpet, mulch. all require different means of locomotion.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• @amileegirl: That is great ideas! I havent taken him outside to play too much. We do go outside but I normally wear him when we do to aviod ants and such.
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't worry about the bugs :) Just brush them off. Honestly for the most part unless its summer or spring where you are bugs aren't a worry this time of year. What kind of carrier do you have? Hopefully not a bjorn!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010