How well do you feel that your childs teacher communicates with you?

my sons teacher this year has been fairly quiet, I havent really heard anything at all from her other than the weekly homework sheet. I am taking this as a good sign that he is doing well and behaving but his past teachers would send an occasional note saying what a pleasure he was in class or that he needed to work on his handwriting more....ect. I have his parent/teacher conference tonight so I am excited to see how things are going.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not well but I feel that it's my job, as a parent, to talk to his teacher about his progress, etc.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Better than his daycare that's for sure! But I am tired of everything being communicated to me is something he did bad. He whines, he throws tantrums, he doesn't listen. Well, I'm trying and I'm trying to get DH to try harder too (he watches him during the day after Head Start gets out). :(
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• NOt as well as I would like. His teacher last year was AWESOME.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The teachers he has this year SUCK at communicating. He is flunking 3 classes and not one of them contacted me about it. But when I emailed them only 3 responded back. His Algebra teacher actually ignores anything I say to her, so if she doesn't change I will be going over her head to the principal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• This year's Teacher doesnt say anything. I went to my Daughter's Parent Teacher conference and I heard the same as I did last year : she is a pleasure to have in class, she works hard, always volunteers and thats great but the school wanted me to sign this paper that says we will work together and help eachother out. Well before I went to this conference My daughter told me she is in a small group that leaves the class to work on math well thats fine if she needs a little help but I was never informed of this going on from the teacher My comment to her was"You want me to sign this paper that says we will work together , well where was the note to inform me of my daughter needing help with math???She tells me you never asked!!LOL ummmm I never asked because I never knew anything was wrong that is the tachers responsability to let me know so we can work on in here at home" they only have 1 math assignment a week" . Sorry so long
    ILovemybabies12

Answer by ILovemybabies12 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• His teacher this year SUCKS big time! She is going through a divorce and huge custody battle so I think she is pre-occupied and should have taken the year off!!! It shows and Im really upset he was put in her class.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Both of my kids have excellent communicating teachers this year. I was a little leary at the beginning of the year with my daughter's teacher, but she's warmed up to me =)
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010