Ttc so annoyed!

We have been ttc for about 5 months now... Every month I'm dissapointed. I just found out that one of our close friends is expecting. She has had her IUD out for 1 month and they concieved. I just feel like I'm doing everything wrong! I want to be happy for them but I can't help feeling so defeated. I have never taken birth control so that isn't a problem. So my question is.. what can I do to boost our fertility? I would rather not take anything over the counter.. some natural suggestions? Thanks.

ameliaduncan

Asked by ameliaduncan at 2:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you increased your folic acid intake and are you taking prenatals? Also, having sex every other day, instead of every day can help increase your chances. Just maintain a healthy lifestyle, and try not to stress about getting pregnant. It will happen eventually.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• OK, first of all.... 75 percent become pregnant within nine months, so that being said you have a few more months until you are out of that percentage... It tooks us 11 month to get pregnant with our first, 3 with our second.

ok so...
    NO more fast food
    Eat a Balanced Diet
    Take Folic Acid
    Pre-natal Vitamins
    Exercise
    Find out when you are ovulating... buy a Ovulation Predictor Kits or go to one of those Calculators you can find online.
    Lay down for 15 minutes after sex (I always put my legs in the air lol but you dont have to)
    Keeping gravity in mind, positions that could make it harder to get pregnant include:
    Standing
    Sitting
    Any position with you on top

I have never tried this stuff but a good friend of my swears by it... http://www.babyhopes.com/pre-seed-lubricant.html
    Good Luck you will have a little one running around in no time!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have been taking prenatals for about 7 months now. My husband works out of town 2 weeks at a time which makes things harder but I track my ovulation and haven't had any problems as far as ttc around those days... I just always thought when we wanted to have a baby it would happen.. I never thought it would be this hard :(
    ameliaduncan

Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Carrots Bananas, Pomegranates,and Figs will help boost fertility. Cumin is good as well. Use seeds in your cooking, leaves in the salad, and add the oil to ice cream, drinks, sweets and bread. Make sure you get Vitamin E, B-6, Manganese, Selenium, and Zinc. Make sure your man gets Vitamin C, E, B-12, Manganese, Selenium,Zinc, and EFA's (essential fatty acids) found in seeds (Pumpkin, sesame,sunflower, linseed), nuts and oily fish such as tuna, mackrel, herring, and salmon. In other words put those jack-o-lantern seeds to good use. It's never as easy as it sounds. A healthy couple can take up to a year and a half. Make sure you are relaxed and focus on how good he makes you feel.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• How old are you and husband? That can factor in...there are so many things it could be! Stressing out does not help either...as hard as it is not to do!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thank you so much for all of the advice! It's really helpful... We are both 23.. I have made a doctors appt. for the beging of Nov. so hopefully we will get some questions answered. I just have a feeling this is going to be a long hard road.
    ameliaduncan

Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010