Quiet Time

Ok...so I think I am finally at terms that my DS will no longer nap...but I DO feel he should have some down quiet time alone so I can get some things done and he can relax. How can I instill this? I have tried most everything from; blackout shades, baby einstein music, dim lighting, stories I read and plenty for him to read quietly. We have also talked about our choices where he can read or if he wants to play QUIETLY with his stuffed animals or pehaps sleep. He generally does not and is running around his room like a nut. It is so stressful and it is so hard for me not to lose my cool. I feel like I belong on the supernanny..lol One thought I had was putting his light on a timer and when it is time to come out it shuts off? Then he can call for me etc...what do you think?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How about a movie everyday? At 1:00 he sits and you put on a movie. Make it part of your schedule.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ummm....good thought...i just don't know how ong he will sit for it but certainly worth a try...
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Um.. I have the same problem with Max.. I can't get him to lay down and i think the only reason he naps at daycare is because there are 7 other kids laying down... good luck - hope the movie works.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• well, mine have to watch a movie and relax for an entire movie. It isnt a choice, if they choose not to they still must stay in thier room until the movie is over
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i don't have a tv in his room...i am not a fan of the concept..so that won't work..
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010