next month it will be a year since my boyfriend died (right before thanksgiving) should i try to ignore the date or recogonize it somehow.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• The question should be what do you want to do? Im so sorry for your loss. Sometimes when we opt not to deal with things it often comes out later on down the line in a painful way. If your ready to begin or continue on with the healing process then you need to do what is comfortable for you .........good luck and gentle hugs.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would celebrate his life.. Just go out to dinner or visit his grave. You shouldnt not grieve, its only been a year. Do something dont ignore the day... You loved him and miss him why ignore it.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If it helps you then light a candle flip though pictures or even see about visiting with his family if you were close. Ther is no reson to 'dwell in the past' but sometimes remembering is part of healing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• recogonize it somehow
    asianmyss

Answer by asianmyss at 2:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• id recognize it he would want it that way
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• To me this all depends on how close you were to this boyfriend.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You want be able to ignore it, do something to celebrate his life, put on his favorite outfit he may have loved you in and go out, visit his family or visits his grave.
    KeishaWoods

Answer by KeishaWoods at 2:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thank you mistynights an all of you an ps he was the love of my life the 2an1/2 yrs was worth twice the 20 with my ex was
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Whatever works for you. Don't try to ignore it if you can't forget it. But only you know what will help the most - spending the day focusing on other things, or getting it all out there and aknowledging your loss.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Recognize it.
    If he was the love of your life, you arent going to forget about what happened on that date. And if you try to ignore it, it may make you feel worse. Remember him, light a candle, buy the kind of flowers he always brought you and put them in a vase on your table, or just take a minute that day to say "I miss you. I love you. I hope you have found peace.".
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010