from everyones experience w/ babies..

did you notice boys being more destructive and girls being particular and precise w/ their hands?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OH YEA!!! I thought it was me...

My daughter is so precise but not with hust her hangs, her mind as well. And detailed...give her a pencil and she does better then my 5 yr old boy.....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yes, there is a tendancy for girls to develop fine motor skills earlier. One of the many differences between boys and girls (not always, but usually!)
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 1:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yup, my son is destructive. My 8 year old daughter just throws her toys around like they are nothing. My 21 month old daughter puts her toys away and doesn't throw her stuff around.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Oh yeah!!! I have 4 boys, and they have never just set something down. They either slam it, or throw it!! They break everything, the older ones and the baby. They have always been this way. When I tell them to clean their rooms, I hear so many crashes and bangs. It's ALMOST funny.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have the first boy in the family and WOW - what a difference - I was around the whole time while my niece was being raised and she slept good, good happy baby, played nice etc -my son whew!- bad colic, farts adult size farts, laughs when things break or crash - such a difference.!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have 2 boys and they like to play rough. Most of the girls I've been around ( babysitting, teaching in church, etc) aren't quite as destructive or clumsy. Despite what society wants us to think, BOYS AND GIRLS ARE DIFFERENT!! I love having my boys though, they are alot of fun!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It's too soon to know any of this stuff for my own little guy, but there are HUGE differences in my nephews and nieces, in almost everything they do! Last weekend, I saw both my two-year-old nephew and my one-year-old niece (they are 359 days apart in age!). He nephew was afraid of my two-month-old and could not say "Baby" when prodded, though he eventually did say "Bobbo" (my son's name is Bobby). My niece, on the other hand, walked right up to him and said, "Baby? Baby?" My niece was gently trying to play with Bobby while I had to shield him from the toys my nephew was throwing. Kids are so funny!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have already noticed a difference in the things they like to do. My son is 8 months old and my niece is 2.5 months older. My son like to be rough housed and the higher you throw him the happier he gets. My niece, not so much. My son also likes to pound on things ALOT harder than my niece. lol I would say there is a definite difference. Boys are boys......lol
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008