I have real life mid terms to go to but would any of you trust in buying a computer from a pawn shop or some used store? ( i cant afford a new one)

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• I would go to a used computer store (the neighborhood), before and pawn shop, at least you know the people that own the used computer store, is computer savvy. At a pawn shop they don't know if its has virus or not.
    KeishaWoods

Answer by KeishaWoods at 2:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Most pawn shops are pretty picky. I would find one with tight buying standards and find out if they have a 'return' policy. I think most pawn or used/refurbished computer shops can be trusted. Don't bu anything older than 2-3 years though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yup! I bought my first laptop from a pawn shop...people buy things they can't afford and (sadly) end up pawning them to pay the bills, mine wasn't even a year old when I bought it, it was hardly used at all and worked great for 6 yrs. Pawn shops are VERY picky about what they'll give loans on.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 3:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• they have cheap refurbished ones at geeks.com
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Sure would, I got my last computer off of craigslist. It was great while it lasted but I bought a new one a little over a year ago. Nothing wrong with used!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If you have to get one used, I would strongly advise getting some kind of anti virus program to run on it. I know someone who got one from a rent to own store, it had obviously been used, and it had a virus on it that affected everything she did online.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• craigslist list is a good idea or try your local newspaper
    KeishaWoods

Answer by KeishaWoods at 2:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If you are in school, you might ask around or check the bulletin board to see if anyone has one for sale for a good price
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would,we got a laptop of craigslist over a year ago it still works great.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My husband is bidding on a used laptop on Ebay, so absolutely. Having said that, though, my husband is a computer geek (actually works for Intel) so if it needs work, he can work on it. The one he's actually bidding on says that the keyboard doesn't work. So he's actually planning on replacing the keyboard. He's even considering bidding on another one that doesn't boot up solely for the keyboard. That is if he wins the bid and there are others bidding, so who knows.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010