Toddler Reflux/GERD moms

So my son was on Prevacid last yr. It did really well. They did up him up to 30mg (solutab) last yr. Well we got new insurance (husband started a new job) and so they decided they wouldn't cover the Prevacid at all and wanted us to use the prilosec. So we did, and he is on 20mg a day. Well we are still having issues so they gave him zantac at night (4ml). Still having issues.

Do you think it would be better if he was back on the prevacid? What has your experience been?

The doctor can fight insurance on it, but that can be a pain which is why they decided to try him on the prilosec.

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I had the same problem with new insurance over the years wanting me to try something CHEAPER. After filing Complaints with Dept of Insurarance and Better Business Bureau stating I am not a GUINEA PIG and I want the medication that works. They acquiesced and gave me what works. Prilosec and the others never worked for me they are all worthless. Demand that they put him back on what works otherwise he could have serious problems down the road.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had the same thing happen, but the insurance did not fight it once my sons Dr put him back on Prevacid, but I would have fought tooth and nail to keep my son on Prevacid, Zantac did nothing for him. My son is now 6 and just uses Prevacid on occasion, he has almost outgrown it! Good luck!!!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had a baby with AR....I would fight!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have only had one child with reflux and we used Zantac.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• if what he's on isn't working, then yes, i would fight for what does.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010