how do you feel about a women beyond 40 having a baby?

Mamii0f2

Asked by Mamii0f2 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's risky, and to be honest, I'm 49, and my youngest just turned 19. I can't imagine having to deal with teenagers ( I love them dearly, but they are challenging) into my 50's or 60's.

I do understand the desire to have children though, I wouldn't want anyone who truly wanted a child to miss out on the experience.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i think as long as she is healthy enough to have a baby it's fine..there's nothing wrong with it..but there are health risk's involved and it is more diffcult..so i guess to each it's own..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm a little biased - I was 29 & 30 when I had my older kids and nearly 41 when my third was born. My MIL was 48 when she had my husband (my FIL was 52). My grandmother was 42 when she had my aunt. There are definitely challenges to being an older parent, but on the other hand I have a bit more wisdom as to what's important and what's silly to worry about.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 3:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Personally I feel that pregnancy age is a personal decision, and if someone who is 40+ wants to have a baby that is her choice, just like it was my personal choice to be done by the time I turned 40. My Grandma, a Great Aunt and a cousin were all 40 when they had their last babies, and a Great Aunt and My Great Grandma were 44 when they had their last babies.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I heard there are risks, but it seems perfectly fine to me. she's just as free to have one as another woman at a younger age. but she should be more careful doing tests and stuff just in case, medically i mean.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think it is fine as long as your healthy. Being over 35 makes pregnancy more difficult and gives you and your baby higher risks for certain things, but if you think you can handle it then go for it!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• nothing much....my grandmother had my mom at 40 lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm 40 and I hope to start trying for another (my 2nd) next year (if our financial situation is better). So obviously I'm very much in support of it!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010