confused

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* : 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340...
can you explain this to me my hcg level was 220 so how far am i?

seansgurl

Asked by seansgurl at 3:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No way of really knowing without an ultrasound.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• there is a variance in the hcg levels for every woman so the reference range for how far along you are is not reliable. Your first predicition is based on when your last menstrual was and the only definite answer for how far along is with ultrasound. Sorry not much help :(
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• had an ultra sound they did not see anything, they said they think its to early went for blood work again today to see if the numbers are doubling like they are supposed to i was just wondering how to read that chart i posted, its confusing me it said at 4 weeks the levels are from 5-426 but at 5 weeks its 18- 7,340 that makes no sense
    seansgurl

Comment by seansgurl (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If they didn't see anything then I would say that you are 3-4 weeks along. Go off your last menstrual period.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I compare the hcg chart to that of autism....there is a wide spectrum of what could be. So there is a wide reference range for each gestational age because it's so different for every woman. So the reference range for 220 would mean you should be anywhere from 1-3 weeks (based off the chart I just got last night from the hospital). What you've said, your chart says you are up to 5 weeks I guess. There is no other way of knowing. However, they can't see much of anything through ultrasound until you are about 5-8 weeks. So I hope for you everything is perfect and you are just too early to tell :) I wish you luck on this venture!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• another explination real quick.......it's different for each woman. So 220 for you could mean you are 4 weeks and 18 for me could mean I am 5 weeks. It just varies so much in each woman. I hope I've helped some.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thank you cjm,,
    i cant go from my last period because i never got one after my miscarriage in august :(. so as of right now . doc said i am def preg but not to sure how far until he gets the other test results tomorrow, hope every thing is okay my husband and i really want another bab y
    seansgurl

Comment by seansgurl (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I am def sending positive thoughts your way! I just suffered a miscarriage as well, which is why I was at the hospital last night :( I know it's really hard to be patient to find these answers, but just hang in there and be positive. Even if your dr can't tell you how far along you are from the hcg levels, the most important thing is that they double every 72 hours for the first 8-11 weeks. With that, you can feel confident that there is a healthy, growing baby.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Was this your 1st blood draw? Your level should double every 48 hours. I work for a GYN/Infertility specialist. If you are only 2-4 weeks they probably won't see anything on an U/S, but you should see a yolk sac by 5-6 weeks for sure. Possibably a heartbeat at 6-8 weeks.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010